How can I set a custom page title and meta description for profile pages on my directory?
Your eSpeakers directory allows you to set a "pattern" that will be used to dynamically generate page titles and meta descriptions on speaker profile pages in your directory. The text you enter can include placeholder codes , which are replaced with speaker-specific text on the profile.
Available Placeholder codes
- [speakername] gets replaced with the speaker's name (ie, "Zeke Ridges")
- [publisher] gets replaced by the name of your organization (ie, "National Presenter Association", or "BureauCo")
- [oneline] gets replaced by the speaker's oneline bio, or tagline (ie, "Zeke Ridges speaks to organizations who want to learn about business wrestling from the champ.")
- [topic] gets replaced with the speaker's top topic. If you use [topic] more than once, it will use the 2nd, 3rd, etc topics to fill in repeated uses. Speakers may have up to 6 topics on their profile, although not all do.
To update your page title or meta description patterns:
- Sign in to eSpeakers as an administrative user
- Choose MANAGE MY DIRECTORY from the MY DIRECTORY menu.
- From the left-side menu, choose SETTINGS, then DIRECTORY SETTINGS
- On the MAIN SETTINGS tab find the field labeled PROFILE PAGE TITLE and enter the text that should be used on all the speaker profile pages. Use "placeholder codes" as described above to make the page title include speaker-specific information.
- On the MAIN SETTINGS tab find the field labeled PROFILE META DESCRIPTION and enter the text that should be used on all the speaker profile pages for the hidden [meta description] tag. Use "placeholder codes" as described above to make the description include speaker-specific
- Set page title to Hire [speakername] at My Bureau to generate:
- on Zeke Ridges' profile page: Hire Zeke Ridges at My Bureau
- on Eddie Sanchez's page: Hire Eddie Sanchez at My Bureau