During an event's lifecycle, there are typically a few documents to be created and stored for the event. EventCX can create most of those documents for you, and store them right on the event.
Examples of event-related documents:
- Thank-you letter
- Presentation file
Attach a File to an Event
You can permanently attach files for storage right on an event, making it really easy to find and access critical data even years later.
To attach a file to an event:
- Navigate to the LIBRARY tab on an active event
- Click ATTACH FILE
- Click the CHOOSE FILES button to select a file from your hard drive (You can select and attach more than one file at a time by holding down CTRL or SHIFT while you select files. When you do this, the files' DESCRIPTION will be set automatically as the file name.)
- Enter a DESCRIPTION for the file, like "Initial invoice", "Thank-you letter", or "Signed contact"
- Click the ATTACH button to complete.
Remove an Attached File From an Event
You can remove files you no longer need from the event:
- Navigate to the LIBRARY tab.
- Hover your mouse over the file you want to remove and click the `X` control on the right end of the row.
- Click the DELETE button that appears to remove the file, or the NO button keep the file (removed files cannot be recovered later by you or by eSpeakers staff).
Update an Attached File With a New Version
If you have an updated version to replace an attached file, you can either delete the old file and upload the new, or you can edit the existing file and replace the current version with your edited version:
- Navigate to the LIBRARY tab.
- Hover your mouse over the file you want to edit and click the PENCIL icon on the right end of the row.
- In the window that appears, click the EDIT FILE link and save the current version of the file to your hard drive.
- Open the file on your hard drive and make changes to it. Do not close the EDIT window.
- On the EDIT window, click the CHOOSE FILES button to select the edited file from your hard drive.
- You can edit the DESCRIPTION at this time if you wish.
- Click the SAVE button to complete the process.
Generate a Document for an Event From a Template
Select any existing template from your TEMPLATE LIBRARY to merge in data from the active event and have a finished document in just a few seconds. The finished document is a standard Word or Excel file that can be printed, saved, emailed, or stored on the event as an attached file.
Create Template Files to Use for Merging
Any Word or Excel document can be turned into a template file that will generate completed documents for any event with just one click.
Calendar and run your business with EventCX
Ready to get started running your speaking/training/coaching business the way the pros do? EventCX is a specialized app that runs on your desktop, laptop, or mobile device. It is designed to be the hub of your speaking business; the first thing you ...
Managing the choices in an EventCX dropdown list
There are a few places in EventCX that present you with a dropdown list of choices. For example, the CODE field on a SERVICE or PRODUCT, or the PRESENTATION TITLE. This article will explain how to add or remove choices from these lists. Note that ...
Export contacts from EventCX
Want to get a list of your event contacts from EventCX so that you can use them in a CRM, email blast, etc? The CONTACTS EXPORT report will do the job. Even though it's a "report", it produces a downloadable CSV or VCF file that you can open with a ...
Manage Event Travel in EventCX
PRESENTERS Travel logistics are a big part of a speaker's life and calendar, and EventCX allows you to track all event-related travel. Managing your travel plans in EventCX offer many advantages: Easy access for all staff Travel plans tied right to ...
Working With Lead Events in EventCX
PRESENTERS EventCX automates the process of taking your engagements from hold to sold and beyond. It can also help out with events you're trying to get, which we refer to as lead events. An important note: EventCX is an event manager, not a customer ...