One of the benefits of your eSpeakers account is a set of tools that help you
for speaking opportunities. These tools are gathered into one screen called the "Lead Center
". One of the features of the Lead Center is the "Lead Board", where potential speaking opportunities are listed, which you may pursue if you feel yourself a good fit.
How To Access The Lead Board
As a speaker/entertainer you can access the lead center with these steps:
with your eSpeakers login
On the dashboard screen, choose LEAD CENTER from the choices on the left.
On the lead center screen, find the LEAD BOARD block and click ACCESS LEADS >
What's in the Lead Board
On the Lead Board, you'll find information about possible speaking opportunities. There are two types of leads on the Lead Board:
- Leads where the event organizer is actively seeking speakers through the eSpeakers Marketplace
- Conferences and other meetings that use speakers
How do I turn a Lead into a paid engagement?
A Lead is the beginning of the sales cycle. It's the first step, where you become aware of someone's need. Successful speakers have a process they apply to leads that will turn some of them into paying jobs. You'll harvest more paying jobs when you apply your sales process to more leads.
The sales process typically involves a combination of these elements:
- pursuing leads for which you are specifically qualified, and avoiding the "shotgun" approach of applying to every lead you learn about
- initial contact via message, email, or phone call
- learning more about the customer's need so that you tailor your presentation for the desired outcome
- providing a proposal that outlines your terms and describes the value you will provide
- respectful followup
- a contract and payment instructions
It takes hard work to turn a lead into a job, but the reward is worth it: being on stage in front of the right audience for your message, helping the organization and the individuals to improve in real ways.