Want to stand out as a speaker? Getting certified as a virtual speaker adds an extra dash of credibility to your speaker profile. Getting certified can be accomplished in a few steps.
Schedule a certification test time
To become certified as a virtual speaker, you will need to schedule a certification appointment.
The certification fee is $85 USD.
...or FREE: any eSpeakers customer who has had a
paid eSpeakers PLUS or PRO account for at least 3 months prior to certifying will have the $85
fee waived completely.
Note that PLUS and PRO members receive 1 free assessment every 5 years. A PLUS or PRO member who wants to re-take the certification early is welcome to do that by paying the normal $85 fee.
What to expect for the certification test
The certification test will cover the following
- Does the speaker have any camera or microphone issues not worked out in the first 60 seconds?
- Is the video background free from distractions and professional in appearance? It is okay to be in a home as long as it looks professional.
- Is the presenter's face the dominant feature on the screen and easily seen against the background?
- Is the presenter's face well-lit and easy to see?
- Is the speaker audible and easy to understand?
- Are there background distractions such as crying, washing machines, construction sounds, etc.?
- In simulating a network break recovery, did the presenter quit the meeting session and reconnect in 60 seconds?
- Was the speaker's broadcast computer connected to the internet through a wired or wireless connection?
To receive a virtual certification badge, all required tests must be passed.
optional items are self-reported:
- Good use of visual aids.
- Improved mic usage such as a lav, headset, or other dedicated mics.
- Tested daytime lighting.
- Well lit room for night time testing.
- Usage of audience Q&A or chat during the presentation.
- Usage of polls and questions during the presentation.
- Breakout room usage.
- Backup internet access.
Once you are approved as a certified virtual speaker, you will receive a virtual certified badge like this:
You can display this badge on your website and other marketing materials. The certification is good for 3 years, after which you must certify again to continue displaying the badge.
Once certified, your eSpeakers profile will automatically gain the badge.
Wherever it is displayed, clicking on your Certified Virtual Presenter badge will take the visitor to your certification report, where they can see the details of your certification.
We look forward to helping you get started as a Certified Virtual Presenter.
Guidelines for using the Certified Virtual Host logo
(If you're looking for the Certified Virtual Presenter badge, see this page) Congratulations on becoming a Certified Virtual Host! This certification tells your customers that you know how to really connect with your audience through the screen. As a ...
Guidelines for using the Virtual Master Presenter logo
(If you're looking for the Certified Virtual Presenter badge, see this page ) Congratulations on becoming a Virtual Master Presenter! This certification tells your customers that you know how to really connect with your audience through the screen. ...
Guidelines for using the Certified Virtual Presenter logo
Congratulations on becoming a Certified Virtual Presenter! This certification tells your customers that you have the equipment, environment and skills to deliver a great remote presentation to their online audience. As a presenter with a current ...
How to prepare for your Virtual Presenter certification
Getting ready to certify as a virtual presenter? It's a great way to let your customers know you've got the equipment, environment, and skill to deliver a great remote presentation. To become certified, you will schedule an appointment with an ...
Why insist on a Certified Virtual Presenter?
eSpeakers has taken the guesswork out of selecting a presenter for a remote presentation over Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting, etc. How does the certification save time for event organizers? When you hire a presenter for remote work, you like to do your due ...